TAG! YOU'RE IT! The rules are to state 10 random facts about yourself. Then, go to your ten favorite blogs and tell them that they are it.
Asketh - thenannydiariesoflondon-deactiv
Ah, it’s made its circuit. All right, I’ll play again.
1. I’m a self-taught artist - never took a drawing class in my life. I get a lot of inspiration from the artists of Disney, Pixar, Blizzard, and others, as well as any I follow on here and when I peruse DeviantArt. I tend to stick to traditional media (pencils, pens, paint, Sharpies, etc.), but I’ve tried my hand at digital, and I do have a tablet…I just need more space to work though. So I’ll stick with what I know for now, and it’s paying off so far!
2. I love hot weather. Now there’s a difference between hot and humid - hot is easy to escape from, even when you’re still out in it. Find some shade, no problem. Humidity? It’s like a parasite that clings to you and follows you everywhere - when it gets humid, I turn into a slug. So hot, clear skies all the way!
3. My taste in music is very eclectic - I don’t have one singular type/genre that I listen to. I like a number of certain songs by certain groups from certain genres; it’s a mish-mash of everything except polka, screamo, Tex-Mex, and country.
4. For being a 5’2” sandy blonde chick, I am quite physically strong, and like to be recognized as such. I usually get the “oh no, that’s too heavy” crap until I go and just lift/move whatever it is that needed strength applied. I come from Scotch-Irish/German stock, and we’re built for heavy lifting and such, so I enjoy showing off a bit now and then, especially in front of Barbies who are afraid to break a sweat let alone their nails.
5. One of my callings in life is to make people laugh. I love hearing laughter, and I love providing it in group settings, whether through jokes, quotes, or just amusing stories that I beef up with my animated antics. But to clarify, I’m not looking for the attention (well, not as much as some) - I’m looking to uplift the spirits of others, because you never know who was having a really crappy day until you came along and made them smile even for just a few minutes. Believe me, those few minutes of happy can make a world of difference for some people. I know this from personal experience.
6. If I could have a super power, it would be flight. Yes, I know, a popular and cliche choice, but here’s my reasons for it. I could help out with coast guard missions, and finding people lost in the mountains. I could keep watch over how badly forest fires were spreading, and tell people when to leave their homes. Most importantly, though, I’d be able to travel with no hindrance to anyone, including myself. I’d be able to see family and friends who are far away, and be with them quickly in times of need.
…yes, I’ve thought this one out a LOT.
7. I am a Christian - not a Baptist/Pentecostal/Lutheran, etc. I am a follower of Christ, ergo a Christian. I just happen to go to a Baptist church because the belief system there is closest to my own. But don’t let that change your opinion of me - I know how badly Christianity has been represented in these recent years, and it’s sad and embarrassing. What I want people to know about what I believe is in 2nd Timothy 1:12 and Romans 1:16.
8. There is a vast difference between a burp and a belch. Burps are what babies and polite people make. Belches are made by football players, Vikings, and yours truly.
9. I LOVE theater/musicals, and some of the parts I hope to play someday include Eponine (Les Miserables), Nancy (Oliver!), Mary Poppins, Eliza Dolittle (My Fair Lady), Sally Adams (Call Me Madam), and a host of others that I can’t think of right now.
10. I have the best not-blood uncle in the world, and his name is Ben Kruse. He drives a dragster, doesn’t like to wear shoes/socks, and sounds like the Godfather when he talks (due to a botched tracheotomy). And sorry, all you followers o’ mine, you’re going to be hearing me sing his praises a lot because I love the guy so much.
So yeah, there we go.